We will be celebrating on Saturday, July 4th… and not working. Soooo… we will be closed Saturday, but open regular hours on Friday & Monday!
Tickets are only $50 until end of day Tuesday for the Armstrong McCall World’s Fair of Cosmetics Arts and Sciences in Houston! Order your tickets from us, 512-444-6777, or at the above website for this incredibly low price until July 1.
Most Austinites don’t have a love affair with Houston, but the revived Houston Downtown area might surprise you with a lovely urban weekend. The World’s Fair will be absolutely awesome (UNBEATABLE talent and inspiration at UNBEATABLE prices). But then what?
- FIVE BLOCK RADIUS
- Three of the city’s most popular sports venues: The FAROUK AFTER PARTY will be at the Minute Maid Stadium Sunday night!
- Delicious Dining: The Grove, Vic & Anthony’s, Quattro, Green Street, III Forks Steakhouse and more.
- Entertainment: House of Blues, Lucky Strike or Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar.
- 5 MINUTES – Ride the METRORail System:
- Theater District: Houston Ballet, Grand Opera and Alley Theater.
- Market Square Park: Greek food at Niko Niko’s, Prohibition Supper Club & Bar, Warren’s Inn and many, many more.
- Late night venues with dancing, luxe lounges and dive bars!
- 10 MINUTES – Ride the METRORail System:
- MIDTOWN – South of Downtown with cafes and locally owned shops and a booming night life.
- MONTROSE – a pocket of eccentricity and diversity in the heart of the city!
- Museum District, Houston Zoo and Miller Outdoor Theater!
Why attend the Biggest Show in Texas?
- Biggest talent in the industry: Kim Vo (Schwarzkopf), Nick Arrojo (Goldwell), Eric Fisher (Aquage) and many, many more…
- Free access to the Connect Lounge (daily give aways, local education/events, how to make money without doing a thing with Loxa)
- FREE VIP Lounge – meet the artists like Farouk Shami, Damien Carney, Daniel Roland, Kim Vo, Martin Parsons, Nick Arrojo
- New Brands: Olaplex, Obliphica, etc. Plus: TIGI is back at our shows!
- FREE PARTY – Sunday Night at Minute Maid Stadium hosted by Farouk Systems
- FREE GIFT BAG – It’s a 10 is doing it again with over $90 in free product.
- And many, many more reasons to attend this amazingly affordable way to stay connected to your industry!
Tickets are on sale for only $50.00 until the June 30. Purchase yours TODAY!
We have added breakout classes bringing extended talent to Houston:
These classes will give you that extra edge that you are looking for to drive your creativity and focus. The following classes are available at an additional cost to your Houston Show Ticket:
- KIM VO – The Business of Blondes: With a star-studded client list, Schwarzkopf Professional Global Blonding Ambassador Kim Vo is inarguably the prince of platinum. Join Kim Vo as he shares his insight on how he spun a hairdressing niche into a solid gold business empire and why he Is wild about Schwarzkopf Professional Blondes.
- Sunday, Aug. 30
- 4:00 – 5:30
- RUSK HANDS-ON CUTTING WORKSHOP: Roll up your sleeves and immerse yourself in the latest Rusk 2015 Collection… FLASHBACK! Learn one of their amazing haircutting techniques in this 2 hour hands-on workshop. These cutting classes are always a huge hit and stylists leave wanting more!
- Sunday, Aug. 30
- 2:00 – 4:00
- $49.00, includes mannequin
- Limited to only 30 seats!!!
- FAROUK SYSTEMS EURO TRENDS HANDS-ON WORKSHOP: Join Patrick Kalle and Maurice den Exter, Froukd Systems Global Board members, for an exciting hands-on class! Try NEW color and cutting techniques alongside these masters as they share their Eruopean style and philosophy. Gain practical knowledge on innovative techniques to take your cutting skills to the next level and produce high-impact statements that defy the norm.
- Monday, Aug. 31
- 12:00 – 3:00
- $55.00, includes mannequin
Armstrong McCall & Aquage present:
It’s Not Just Shampoo!
- How to increase your income.
- How to build client loyalty.
- Why exclusive professional products are different. Discuss open and honest issues challenging today’s salons and create a customized personal plan for success!
June 15, 2015Business Class: It’s Not Just Shampoo 10:00 – 12:00 $15, attendees receive a certificate for $15 in Aquage products Interactive Product Session 1:00 – 3:00 FREE complimentary with Business Class
Mark your calendars! Our quarterly “Thank You” sales event is next week. Both of our locations will have sales on Monday, but the S. Lamar location has extended the sale items and date to the previous Saturday, too!
Thank You June Sales Event highlights:
- Babyliss Nano Iron Blue 1″ & 1.5″ duo – 50% Off!
- Aquage Biomega Freeze Baby Hairspray 10oz – 20% Off!
- All Kenra Color – 17% Off
- All Matrix Sync Color – 17% Off
- Paul Mitchell Pink Express Ion Smooth Iron – Half Off!
- All Chi Ionic Color – 20% Off
- Wella Blondor Lightener 14oz – 25% Off
- All Morgan Taylor Polish – 12% Off
- All Gelish Polish – 38% Off
South Lamar Location:June 6th & 8th Saturday & Monday
Southpark Meadows Location:June 8th ONLY Monday ONLY
Hairdressers are just AMAZING! Not only are you making people feel good about themselves, but you support the community in limitless ways.
Layla Harris, THANK YOU! Not only are you saving a life, but you are showing the world just how awesome hairdressers truly are!
See the full story and video here: Mother of Four Donates a Kidney to a Stranger
The forecast says it will rain for the next 10 days… making it a great time to take a hands on Makeup class! Plus, contouring is super hot right now. Learn “how to” with Ultimate Face’s new Perfetto Concealer (we are super fans)!
MAY 18: THE ESSENTIALS OF MAKEUP: NATURAL TO SMOKEYBy ULTIMATE FACE COSMETICS – 4 HOURS *CONTINUING EDUCATION*, Course #12245, Provider #1226 This theory and Hands-On class will provide you with thte products you need to learn the following UFC techniques: – The Rules of Thirds – determining the perception of facial symmetry – The Temporary Brow – Principles of Light: highlighting and contouring – Smokey Eyes with Light Dark Lips Cost: $50.00, receive 15-shade Pro Beauty Shadow Palette, Lash Sculpt Mascara and a Duo Pencil (black & taupe) – a $63.50 value Time: 10:00 – 2:00 3 CE Hours: The Make UP Forum, 1CE Hour: Health Sorry, but we cannot split up these hours.
Why Ultimate Face Cosmetics?
Today, cosmetic sales average nearly $6 Billion annually. Most of these dollars come from over the counter vendors, be it drug stores or department stores. In a sea of choices, and contradicting advertising – how is a woman to decide which product is best suited for her? Ultimate Face believes that the best guide in the beauty jungle is the highly trained professional stylist or makeup artist. These glamour gurus can help a woman sort through their options based on a personal consultation and recommendations. The Ultimate Face business systems support the stylists by minimizing time and maximizing profits. Ultimate Face salons are able to provide celebrity level service to beauty loving clients who are not cash poor, but time poor. We help the professional stylist deliver a profitable experience that builds a loyal client base.
Learn how to contour with these simple, pure (and amazing) UFC products:
MAY 11: AMERICAN CREW CUTTING EVENTS
Men’s grooming is the biggest thing in our industry today. Be sure you are in the know for men’s cuts, grooming and styling with these two cutting events, utilizing clippers, razor and shear techniques.
The American Crew All-Star will teach the fundamentals of Menswork theory, discussing the essential five steps to creating every successful man’s haircut. You’ll learn about American Crew’s product line and leave feeling confident to recommend products to your clients. These courses focus on helping stylists take their men’s business to the next level by using proper cutting techniques with clipper and shear work in order to create lean, masculine shapes.
CLIPPER + RAZOR SKILLS DEMO With Product Knowledge:*NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION* This course combines both clipper and razor techniques in demo form to help elevate your skill level and confidence. Cost: $20.00, attendees receive a $10 certificate to use toward any American Crew product. Time: 10:00 – 12:00
FINISHING MEATHODS & CUTTING*NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION* This cutting and styling demo features the American Crew 2015 Collection Cost: $20.00, attendees receive a $10 certificate to use toward any American Crew products. Time: 1:00 – 3:00
Introducing the Next Generation in technology for nails – The New CND LED LAMP! And it is launching in early May at a bargain price, so don’t miss this opportunity: preorder yours TODAY!!!
CND LED LAMP:
- Next-generation LED technology
- Cures all 5 fingers (or toes) in half the time
- Patent pending 3C Technology optimizes light, energy and time for maximum shine and long wear
- Uses optic mirrors to target exposure to the nail
- The only lamp designed to completely and evenly cure CND Shellac and Brisa Gel
This lamp will regularly sell at $299, but with this introductory offer, you can get the lamp and 6 accompanying Shellac polishes (including the new top coat) for $225. Snoozers will lose… this deal will sell out. Preorders are highly suggested!